Saturday, February 7, 2009

Random Thoughts


Random Thoughts



When I was a child I never thought I would turn out this way, I do not know whether it is good or bad, but I never did aspire to be this way. I had so many dreams and still what I am today is not at all close to even one of those things I wanted to become. In other words I did not expect to turn out this way. I wanted to be a pilot,an astronaut,a cricketer, an artist, a businessman .... as I grew up I began to realize that none of this was even closer to the skills I had, or I was made to believe I had. Well, I thought I was good in drawing and fair in playing cricket. In studies I was zero absolute zero, my parents never thought I would study till Post Graduation, for them me passing SSC (10th standard) was a milestone !

Who knows life will take me where. Wherever I go there is an element of surprise. Surprises are always around the corner for me, few good most of them bad. I have my own beliefs about good and bad but I am about to shatter them. Now I am beginning to realize that there is no good or bad, there is only action and reaction. And good or bad is what your society thinks, if we go by the universal frame of reference there is no good or bad thing. Isn't that astonishing, world without good bad. Its just like one man's bread is other man's poison.

For me life has always been a flashback, I tend to go back and ponder what I did, how I was. The more I think the more my memory takes me in my past. I love those childhood years spent in 'Gold Finch Peth', Solapur, my adolescence in 'Awanti nagar', where I started realizing that may be I can be friends with girls and the whole chemistry of my physical body was altered, not to mention the economic recession was still in progress. But still, I was satisfied, with all my friends with all my wrong notions, with all my false beliefs, I was at-least happy.

/srm

3 comments:

Veerendra said...

This blog seriously made me nostalgic .. :(

In Quest said...

Very well written.I like the bit about there being no good and no bad..profound thought

~Abhilasha...

Chums said...

This is a comment I wanted to write on this last week, but only found time now. (I actually forgot it)
I stepped in to your blog accidentally while reading Veerendra’s blog, I only skimmed through it, couldn’t read everything. But I got amazed while I skimming through this….Your stating sentence is so much similar to the starting sentence of my journal….I started my journal saying ”When I was small I never thought I would be like this, sometimes I wonder whether it is good or bad.”

:)