Sunday, July 26, 2009

Musing



Time flies, there are good times and there are bad times. What really distinguishes between good time and bad time ? nothing much, its just your brain and the way it interprets the tiny electrical signals produced by certain chemicals generated by our physical body as a response to our emotional behavior. Please stay with me reader ! Lately I discovered an interesting thing about myself, I discovered I was being too materialistic.

Due to some unfortunate reason I had to pack my bags and move all over the place like a nomad, which ate up all my savings and my energy. I was stripped ! what I experienced was truly amazing. I experienced freedom, now that I am at the bottom I have no where to go but to go up. I felt like I got everything, I got my personal time. Even though I was unemployed with uncertain future, I had my own time to ponder and think, to think about the night sky, to think about different notes in music, to think about random things like why airplanes fly and debate about which equation fits better to air planes, the Bernoulli's or the Newton's. Man, I was one happy man.

I realized one thing; life is not about planning, I used to plan a lot. I had my entire life mapped in front of me, but then one day everything came down crashing. All my sand castles came down and what remained were ruins of my desire. I had nothing, then I realized I was so drenched in my ego and blinded by my own idiosyncrasies. Oh life you never stop surprising me and I love you for that. I realized, theory and practice are same in theory but different in practice, interesting thought to ponder. There is no use looking back and engage ourselves in the past, its well said, yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift ... and that is why it is called 'the present'.

/srm

3 comments:

Ixora said...

always good writing :)

Sandeep said...

Thanks a lot Tran, you have been a good reader :)

Enigmatic Eshani... said...

if life doesnt spring surprises who will ?? zindagi kee yahi reet hai, mere dost. :)