Saturday, August 1, 2009

In the deep dark woods I shall go,

to find the river that I know.

And free myself of all ill deeds,

and wash myself crystal clean.

As pure as newborn’s twinkling eyes,

as fresh as new dawn’s light in sky.

To find a place my friend I shall leave,

to seek for comfort, peace and freewill .

On my way I shall see, crooked trees and shallow seas,

deserts burning human skin, mountains pristine snow clad peaks.

I do not know when I will be back,

To neon lights and concrete skies.

Find me in the starry skies on a cold winter night

In the wilderness of open space, I will be falling from the grace.


-srm

3 comments:

Ixora said...

You should go with me some time-we can walk along the river at night. There we can see many fire-flies- to me it is just like a second sky...

Message from a jungle-girl :). I love your poem so much. It is really what i want to say and want to live for. Thank you a lot Sandeep.

Take life as it comes said...

Hey Sandeep, that's a lovely poem...Didn't know you write poems all this while..I really liked it coz it perfectly depicts your own philosophy...

Ixora said...

hey, nothing to post these days after you got a new car?